Welcome to Grace Covenant Presbyterian! We hope you will consider joining us in worship and fellowship!
Directions and Parking
GCPC is located in Richmond's Fan neighborhood on Monument Avenue between the Stuart and Lee Circles. Parking is available in our lot behind the church building between Allen and Lombardy or in front along Monument Avenue (free parking is available on Monument Ave. on Sunday mornings until 2:00 p.m.).
At 9:30 a.m. during the school year, our three adult Sunday school classes begin along with multiple options for children.
During the summer months, Sunday School begins at 9:00 a.m., and we typically offer a combined class in Room 212 for adults and there is no children's Sunday school. You can read more about our Sunday School offerings here.
At 11:00 a.m. our service of worship begins in the sanctuary (we begin at 10:00 a.m. during summer months). We typically have 3-4 minutes of announcements before the prelude begins. Communion is distributed on the first Sunday of the month. Immediately following the service, we enjoy light snacks and drinks in our Social Room or outside in front of the building during nice weather. This is a great space to meet new visitors and catch up with longtime friends!
Listening at Home
To hear the service live, tune to WLES 590-AM or 97.7 FM or stream via Truth Network. To hear a past service, please see our Sermons and Services page.
Children at Grace Covenant
Children are always welcomed during worship at GCPC and we support participation in all aspects of the service to the extent that children and families feel comfortable. Families with children are encouraged to sit wherever they feel most comfortable in the sanctuary.
Following the Gloria Patri, children ages six and under will be invited to the front of the sanctuary with a church volunteer or another leader for a time of children's worship in the chapel. Children may be picked up in room 102 following the service.
Professional childcare is always available on Sundays beginning at 9:30 a.m. during the school year and 9:00 a.m. during the summer. The nursery is in Room 103 and older children up to age six are welcomed in room 102.
9:30 a.m.--12:15 p.m.
Childcare Available (Nursery 103, Pre-K--Elem 102)
Sunday School for All Ages
11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Worship,
Communion served 1st Sundays
12:15 p.m. Fellowship Hour
Accessibility and Other Needs
Wheelchair access is available from the alley entrance. From there, elevator service is also available to all four levels of the building. Large print bulletins are available in the Narthex as are hearing assistance devices.
For a more detailed idea of what to expect during the service, please take a look at the upcoming or past bulletins.
What to Wear and Bring
You are invited to attend worship in whatever attire you feel most comfortable. You will see worshipers in everything from jeans to suits and ties, although you may notice a more formal quality overall. Pew Bibles are available, but you are always welcome to bring your own.
Any other questions? Feel free to contact the church office and we would be happy to help!
Are you considering membership? The Christian life is not meant to be lived in isolation. God calls into community and membership is the way that we give expression to that fact. When someone joins the congregation, they are naming the fact that they sense God has called them to this particular church.
1. Attend Sunday morning worship regularly. There is no better way to get a sense for whether God
is calling you into membership than by being present among the church in worship.
2. Sign up for one of our quarterly Inquirer Classes. Those classes meet on a Sunday morning from 9:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and they cover the basics of what Presbyterians in general believe and do as well as specifics about Grace Covenant - our history, mission, and vision and ways that new members can be involved. Taking this class does not mean that you have to join the church. It simply means you want to learn more about the church and are considering membership.
3. If, after the class, you decide to join the church then a date will be set for you and others to join one Sunday morning in worship. There are three basic ways you can join the church:
a. Public Profession of Faith - Made after careful examination by the session in the meaning and responsibilities of membership; if not already baptized, the person making the profession of faith shall be baptized;
b. Certificate of Transfer - When a person is a member of another Christian church at the time of transfer;
c. Reaffirmation of Faith - For persons previously baptized in the name of the Triune God and having publicly professed their faith.
When you join, you will be asked to answer the following questions before the congregation in worship:
1. Trusting in the gracious mercy of God, do you turn from the ways of sin and renounce evil and its power in the world?
2. Do you turn to Jesus Christ and accept him as your Lord and Savior, trust in his grace and love?
3. Will you be Christ’s faithful disciple, obeying his Word and showing his love?
4. Will you be a faithful member of this congregation, share in its worship and ministry, through your prayers and gifts, your study and service, and so fulfill your calling to be a disciple of Jesus Christ?
The congregation will also be asked the following question:
Will you encourage these new members with your gifts, and will you commit to welcoming them, loving them, and walking beside them as we seek to follow Jesus together?
Contact the church office with membership questions or to register interest in an upcoming membership class.
Next Inquirer's Class:
TBD based on interest